Great things about tonight’s run
- It was my first 10K since the half marathon last month, and it felt great.
- I wore my new Nike shorts and other bright colours!
- It was the perfect temperature.
- I was grooving to Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines among other rad tunes
- I noticed that there is a street called Summertime Drive (off Douglas Avenue)
- I could smell fresh cut grass and lilacs.
- I felt strong and steady for the whole run, and didn’t stop to walk at all.
- I decided I am definitely signing up to run the half at Marathon by the Sea
Not so great things
- My iPod died mid-run
- I didn’t get home from work till 6:30 p.m., and I was starving, so I ate a sugary granola bar pre-run.
- My feet hurt in my new runners (a bit)
- That’s it.
Running makes me happy.